Sunday, December 10, 2006

How did it become 8:00 on Sunday night already?

Whew! This weekend went by too fast. Didn't do much Friday...went to Barnes and Noble and picked up some of my textbooks that came in, then pack us up to go to Detroit on Saturday. We left about 10:45 on Saturday morning and drove to Lansing. My parents met us downtown where they took Harrington and Gabe and I went to the bookstore to buy more of my books. I dropped about $560 there (YIKES!!!). All in all, my books cost about $650...expensive!

From there we went to Novi where we met Erin at One World for sushi. We were starving! It was ok. Not nearly as good as Noble. After that we headed over to The Great Indoors, as we have a gift certificate there. We spent well over an hour there, and could not find a thing. I really don't understand how this could have happened. Oh well. It doesn't expire until April, so hopefully we'll think of something we need. After our failed shopping trip we headed to Erin's to check out her bathroom which she is remodeling. It looks like its going to be kick ass when it's all finished. We hung out at Erin's waiting for Jeremy to come home so we could go to early Hanukkah party at Grandma Ruth's. While we were waiting, Gabe played their wii and almost punched a hole in their newly drywalled ceiling. Jeremy and I thought it was pretty funny; Erin did not.

Party at Grandma Ruth's was fun. Food was good. Conversation was...interesting. In the Hanukkah White Elephant exchange I got a Barnes and Noble Gift Card and a bottle of wine (which Erin and Jeremy are now holding hostage) and Gabe got a subscription to Bon Appetite (sp??). Grandma got Gabe a really nice sweater and got me a pair of Uggs. They're pretty sweet. After Grandma's we headed back to Erin and Jeremy's. This time it was Jeremy's turn to almost ruin the new drywall job. Arnie and Shelly came over a little while later and we exchanged gifts with them and Erin and Jeremy. I got a gift card to Express and Gabe got a pretty awesome handheld gps (oh no! we got one in the woot off too!! but this new one is much better). I then got Season 1 of Numb3rs from Erin and Jeremy. Freakin Sweet!!!! I LOOOOVE David Krumholtz. yum yum Yumholtz! They got Gabe the Aqua Teen Hunger Force dvds. (I want my name to be spaghetti) After that we headed back to Arnie and Shelly's cause we were pretty tired, and we new we had an early morning on Sunday.

Patrick came to Gabe's dad's house at about 9:30 this morning and we piled in the car with Arnie and Shelly and we headed to Windsor (Oh Canada!) to meet Erin and Jeremy and Jeremy's brother Josh and his wife Christine for Dim Sum at Wah Court. I was nervous. I had never been. But I must say, it was quite tasty. I stuck mainly to shrimp, as almost everything else had pork, and I don't eat pork. They had these AMAZING sticky buns filled with this AMAZING custard. I could have seriously ate those all day. I burned the roof of my mouth on a shrimp ball, and it still hurts. After dim sum we headed back to the States and then Gabe and I took off to go home.

I slept most of the way to Jackson, where we were meeting my dad to pick up Harrington. We were a little early and he was a little late, so Gabe and I headed to the mall there. Seriously ghetto. However, we did pick up some coney to eat in the car (nothing like National). Drive back home was uneventful. Thankfully Thomas (our new gps, that's his name) got us there quickly...lol.

Once we got home I had an e-mail from Barnes and Noble that my last textbook had arrived. I persuaded Gabe to go with me to pick it up. Trade-off was that we had to go to Meijer to do the grocery shopping (I HATE MEIJER!!!). Got groceries, came home, had dinner, and here I sit.

Now it's time to do laundry and work on some school stuff.

No comments: