Saturday, December 23, 2006

Tall double mocha with a shot of vanilla

Today was a pretty quiet day, but I got quite a bit accomplished. Gabe and I had to go to the bank this morning and sign on the refinance of the car loan. Merry Christmas to me with a lower interest rate! The bank manager wasn't there today so we met with the assistant manager. When we walked out the door, I said to Gabe, "After that, I feel like I've known her forever!" In the 25 minutes we were there, we found out about her living situation with her boyfriend, and that although she has to work some Saturdays, he doesn't want her to look for a new job because of the perks. What perks you ask? Well, she gets three weeks of vacation time, 10 sick days, two personal days, and her birthday off. And, it doesn't roll over, so she needs to use it up January 1st so that's why she has so much time off in December. Also, she and her boyfriend are looking for a new place. They're currently living in an apartment, but looking for a condo. This way, they don't have to mow the lawn. SERIOUSLY!!! We were there to sign on a loan, not to become best friends with her!!! Oh well.

Went to Meijer's and got a gift card. The other day when I was there, I got a coupon for $10 off any gift card of $25 or more. So with that, combined with the Christmas bonus Gabe got at work, we'll be going grocery shopping this week on the Meijer family's dime.

After the Meijer run, I headed to Beaner's to study for the afternoon and stayed there for about 4 hours. My good fortune came when I met a gentleman and his wife in Beaner's. He noticed my casebook and stopped to talk. Turns out that he graduated from Cooley in 2000. He lives in the area and has a practice and specializes in what else...wills and trust. I talked with them for about a half an hour. He showed me a book that I should read, and we really got to talking about school and what to expect. I left with his phone number and e-mail address. It was pretty great.

So now it's a quiet evening at home. I just finished wrapping the rest of the presents and have settled in with Harrington for a night of Lifetime movies and Dr. 90210.

No comments: